TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR LIVE EVENTS
TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR EPT SOCHI QUALIFICATION
These terms and conditions (the “Terms”) should be read by you (the “User”, “Player”, or “you”) in their entirety together with the PokerStars Live and PSLive system Terms & Conditions where applicable (the “Agreement”) prior to your participation in any online qualifier satellites (“Qualifier Satellites”) on www.pokerstarsinsochi.com (“Site”) operated by Rational Live Events (Malta) Limited ("RLEM") (RLEM also being referred to herein as "The Stars Group", "us", "we" or "our") which provide as a prize, a seat package to any live poker tournament (each a “Tournament”) forming part of the PokerStars Live events such as but not limited to the European Poker Tour (each of which shall be referred to as an “Event”).
By entering into this Agreement, you acknowledge that, ‘PokerStars Live’, ‘PSLive’, ‘European Poker Tour’, ‘PokerStars Festival’, ‘PokerStars Sochi’ and ‘PokerStars’ are brands owned and operated by The Stars Group.
Please note that this Agreement: (a) is a legally binding agreement that you have entered into with us, (b) constitutes our entire understanding with you with respect to your participation in any Qualifying Satellite and (c) supersedes any prior agreements between you and us in connection with the subject matter hereof.
You hereby represent that you have not relied on any representation or assurances, whether written or oral made by us other than those expressly set forth in this Agreement. You agree that we have the right to freely assign our rights, licenses and/or obligations, in whole or in part, under this Agreement to any member of our Group or to any other third party without notice to you.
You specifically acknowledge and agree that we (or an authorised third party acting on our behalf) shall have the right, in our sole discretion, to take all such action as we deem reasonable in order to enforce the terms and conditions of this Agreement at all times.
Your participation in any Qualifying Satellite and/or any Tournament at an Event as a result of your participation in the Qualifying Satellite shall be deemed to be your complete acceptance of the Terms.
- By taking part in a Qualifier Satellite, you may win a prize package entry into one of our Tournaments that form part of an Event. You can participate in a Qualifier Satellite by:
- registering and playing in a satellite tournament on the Site (a “Satellite”); or
- registering and playing in a StarsCoin satellite tournament on the Site (a “StarsCoin Satellite”).
- You may also participate in Tournament by:
- buying a seat (seat only) or package (e.g. seat+hotel) with cash from your Stars Account into any of the Tournaments (available only with Stars Accounts); or
- buying a seat (seat only) or package (e.g. seat+hotel) via the Tournament Money (“T-Money”) system into any of the Tournaments (available only on the Site);
- receiving a seat as a VIP guest or qualifier; or
- winning a promotional offer, tournament or freeroll from an applicable Site.
- You acknowledge that PokerStars Live may make additions or alterations to the schedule of the Tournaments and Events at any time.
- Players must be 18 years of age or over the legal age of majority in the applicable jurisdiction (whichever is greater) to play in a Qualifier Satellite and/or Tournament. Please note that even if you are 18 years and over in the jurisdiction that you reside in to participate in a Qualifier Satellite, you may not be able to participate in a Tournament at an Event if you are below the legal age of majority in the location where the Event is held.
- You may be asked at any stage to provide PokerStars Live or an authorized third party of PokerStars with proof of your age and/or identity (passport or valid picture ID). In addition, the venue where the Tournaments are to be held may require you to sign additional terms and conditions and may request proof of your identity. Any player unable to produce such proof of age and/or identity will be disqualified from the Qualifier Satellite or Tournament, may be excluded from future Events and could be permanently barred from the Site.
- By participating in a Qualifier Satellite (or any other satellite on an applicable Site), you irrevocably grant PokerStars Live and third parties acting on our behalf, all rights, consents and licenses necessary to enable us to use your name, image, photograph, and likeness throughout the world in perpetuity for any purpose we in our absolute discretion require by any means and in any and all media without further compensation. You hereby release us and our permitted designees from and against any claim, damage, liability, cost and expense arising from violation of any right to privacy, publicity or personality that you have, or infringement of any copyright or other proprietary right that you own or hold, based upon or related to any use of your name, image, photograph and likeness. The foregoing release shall be binding upon you and your heirs, assigns and legal representatives. You hereby waive all moral rights in your name, image, photograph and likeness to which you may now or at any time in the future be entitled under Part IV of the Isle of Man Copyright Act 1991 (and all similar rights in other jurisdictions) and agree not to institute, support, maintain or permit any action or claim to the effect that any treatment, exploitation or use of the same infringes your moral rights. You further agree to help promote PokerStars and, only if requested, act as a PokerStars spokesperson during and after the Tournament, including but not limited to, meeting with press and participating in other events conducted by PokerStars Live.
- We reserve the right to request you to wear a Site logo at any time during the Event, including at any TV or webcast table without further compensation.
- As each Site is offered to players based in different jurisdictions, they must abide by different regulations and will have different rules in respect of buy-ins to Tournaments. For more information as to what is permissible for each Stars Account please contact email@example.com.
- If you are sponsored on a full-time basis by a legitimate third party online gaming site and you buy in to a Tournament using your Stars Account only as described in Clause 1d above, you may wear your sponsor’s logo subject to your providing prior written confirmation thereof. Notwithstanding, should you qualify on the Site for a Tournament you will not be permitted to wear your sponsor’s logo during that Tournament. Further, you will not be referred to as a PokerStars player in any media list. It is hereby noted that you still have to abide by the Event rules & regulations, which include branding restrictions and compliance with the local regulations of the Event’s jurisdiction.
- You acknowledge and agree that PokerStars Live requires all players in the Events to read, sign and accept the PokerStars Live and PSLive system Terms & Conditions prior to collecting a PSLive card in order to take part in a Tournament. If your signature is not captured but you play any Tournament, this will be considered as acceptance of the PokerStars Live and PSLive system Terms & Conditions.
- If you win a prize package to a Tournament from taking part in a Qualifier Satellite (“Prize Package”), please note that the Prize Package is non-transferable and non-exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for money or money’s worth. You must either use or forfeit the Prize Package altogether without compensation. If you win additional prize packages, they may not be sold or transferred and your Stars Account will be credited with both T-Money equal to the value of the entry/accommodation cost of the Prize Package plus the nominated spending/travel cash for the Tournament, if such spending/travel cash was included in the Prize Package. Notwithstanding, should you win an additional prize package with a higher total value than your first Prize Package then you must play or forfeit such additional higher total value prize package and the lower value prize package shall be credited to your Stars Account as per the conditions set out above.
- If you buy a seat to a Tournament as per Clauses 1(c) and (d) above, you can unregister from a Tournament by either:
- entering the your game client lobby opening the ‘Tools’ app on the right hand side menu, then selecting ‘My Games & Tickets’ and ‘Registered in Tournaments’, then following the links to unregister prior to the start of such Tournament; or
- emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with a request to unregister up to 48hours prior to the start of the Tournament; or
- following the applicable procedure in person at the venue of the Event prior to the start of such Tournament. Once the Tournament starts you can no longer unregister and refunds are no longer possible. If you do not turn up to collect your Tournament ticket your buy-in will be included in the Tournament prize pool.
- Pursuant to Clause 1(c) above, please note that should you buy a hotel package for an Event via your Stars Account, then your purchase is non-refundable and you will not be able to cancel the package once it is bought and paid for.
- Players must abide by the following payout rules where specific Event payout rules are not in place; although PokerStars Live reserves the right to change these at any point and for any Event:
- If you enter the tournament as per Clauses 1(a) - 1(f) above, you can receive up to 2x (twice) the buy-in in cash as a maximum, and the remainder will be deposited into your Stars Account.
- If you win a preliminary satellite that awards the winner a seat into a subsequent Qualifier Satellite (rather than a seat to participate in Tournament at an Event), you may unregister from the Qualifier Satellite and you will receive into your Stars account the T-Money equal to the buy-in of that Qualifier satellite. You may use such T-Money to enter into a Qualifier Satellite or other satellites of your choosing.
- With some Tournaments, once you have qualified for a Tournament via the Site you will be given a start day ticket so that you can register yourself to your chosen day 1. In order to register go to the Stars lobby, click on ‘Events’ > ‘Live’ > ‘your chosen event’ and look for the Start day placeholders with buy-in name ‘Ticket’ for each of the Day 1s available. The option to choose your day will close the last week before the Event and remaining players will be automatically assigned into Day 1A.
- Step tickets are only valid within the Step system and they are non-transferable and non-refundable.
- When playing in any satellite on the Site, you confirm to us that the name, age, email address, postal address, and phone number(s) associated with your Stars Account are accurate, and agree that the person whose name appears on any Stars Account who wins a Prize Package or buys into a Tournament will be deemed to be the person who played and won the Qualifier Satellite, and that person must attend and play in the Tournament.
- Any attempt by you to alter or duplicate your Stars Account to become eligible for any satellite will result in forfeiture of any prize won and may result in the closure of your Stars Account.
- In the case of disputes with regards to your participation in any Qualifier Satellites, any element of the Prize Package or these Terms, the final decision shall rest with us and any decision we make shall be binding and not subject to review or appeal by a Player or any third party.
- In the event that for any reason whatsoever a Player qualifies/registers for a Tournament but fails to attend the Tournament at a time stipulated by PokerStars Live, then such a player shall be deemed to have forfeited his/her claim to participate in such Tournament and PokerStars Live shall not have any obligation to compensate the player in any way whatsoever.
- By entering into a Qualifier Satellite each Player agrees to release, discharge and hold harmless PokerStars, its legal representatives, their affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies and their respective officers, directors, employees and agents, from any damages whatsoever, including any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the acceptance of any Prize Packages.
- We reserve the right, at any time, to alter these Terms at its sole discretion, including to cancel, modify or suspend a Qualifier Satellite if at its sole discretion, we believe that the Qualifier Satellite is not capable of being conducted as specified.
- All players participating in a Qualifier Satellite must abide by all our Terms of Service requirements.
- These Terms and matters relating hereto shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with law of Malta and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Malta.